Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday

I hope it was a very nice Easter for you or maybe a Passover celebration with family. It was strange for us this year. My oldest son is in the Navy and this was the first time one of the kids didn’t make it home for a holiday. It felt strange but it was nice to Skype with him after dinner.

Today was the debut of the new line up here at WBSM. We were supposed to talk with Mike Gallagher at 8:22am but he says he tried to get through but all he got was a rapid busy signal. He then called my cell and got the same thing. I think there was a problem with his cell because neither one of those lines rang. We’ll try again tomorrow. He gave us a nice welcome on his show after 9.

We also have the Mike Huckabee Show now from 1 to 3pm and Phil Paleologos is on from 3 to 6.

On today’s show:

• The U.S. penny is costing 2.4 cents to produce and distribute. Neal and I think it’s a waste. We hardly use pennies any more. Last year the U.S. lost $60 MILLION on pennies!!!!
• I have to admit I’m a little worried about the Red Sox. I know I’m the one that always preaches that it’s a marathon and not a sprint but we need Daniel Bard back as the closer.
• Congrats to Henry! He was the winner of Movie Monday today. I had a sound bite from “Big” with Tom Hanks from 1988. Tomorrow we’ll play TimeLine Tuesday and go back 2 decades or so.
• No winner today with the Impossible Question. “Only 15% of grocery shoppers do this. Do what? We’ll take more of your calls tomorrow at 7:38am.
• Also today I was talking about Betty White’s new show “Off Their Rockers.” NBC played it again this weekend. What a funny show! Seniors play pranks on young people. Check it out this week. I think it’s on Wednesday.

The Bruins have released their playoff schedule. They'll play the Washington Capitals.

Thursday at Boston at 7:30pm.
Saturday at Boston at 3pm.
Monday 4/16 @ Washington at 7pm.
Thursday 4/19 @ Washington at 7pm.
Then Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday the 25th if needed. GO B'S!!!!

No comments: