Tuesday, February 9, 2010

We deserve it!

I'm still yawning. The day after the Super Bowl has GOT to be one of the most difficult days to get out of bed especially if you have an early shift. We need to make a change!

The Super Bowl between the Saints and Colts has now been determined to be the most watched television event of all time. 106 million people watched. It's become a national obsession. So, why do we all have to be so tired the next day?

I had a story this morning (2/9) about a group that wants the Monday after the game to be a National Holiday. I personally think we have enough holidays.

Another suggestion is to move the game to a Saturday. Somehow, I don't think that will happen.

Still another idea is to move it all back another week and have the game played on the Sunday of the Presidents Day holiday. That might not be popular with the ski resorts that make a lot of money on that weekend.

I just know I'd like to see some type of change. I'd discuss it more with you.....but I need a nap!

No comments: