Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The People Spoke

A VERY busy morning show today!

Last night I went on Facebook to see what was going on and what my friends were up to and I noticed a posting about a sign at St. Francis Xavier Church in Acushnet. The sign said, "Two Men Are Friends, Not Spouses." I thought, "WOW!" That's a firm statement. Then I went to bed. By the next morning (today) there were several repostings and hundreds of comments. We put it on our page, opened the phones and "the people spoke." Most were upset by the comments, but we did get a few calls and postings from people who supported the church and their views.

I agree that the church has a right to their view and I completely understand where they are coming from. I also agree that they have the right to free speech. I would have addressed it from the pulpit and not out on the street, but that's just my opinion and I was glad to give a few folks the chance to express theirs.

No comments: