Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Darn rodent!

Another Ground Hog Day has come and gone. Punxatawney Phil DID see his shadow today so it means six more weeks of winter. Of course, if you look at the calendar there's six more weeks til winter anyway. I read a stat today that he sees his shadow 87% of the time, yet his prediction is only right 39% of the time.

Sometimes I forget what the world looks like to young eyes. Last week I mentioned Ground Hog Day to my 11-year old and he was trying to figure this out. He wanted to know how it worked. When I explained it to him I could see that he was actually trying to use his analytical mind to figure it out. I then informed him that it didn't mean ANYTHING it was just a fun thing to do to try and deal with the winter blahs. Imagine if it really DID work?

But---here's hoping for an early spring!

No comments: