Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Happy Hump Day!

Why does a change of plans seem to upset the apple cart so much? I was supposed to leave early today for an x-ray. I had it all planned out with Neal that I would leave at 8:20am, get the x-ray out in Dartmouth and be back in plenty of time. Well at 8:00am my cell phone went off (and I didn’t have it muted! Thank goodness we were in the news.) They had to reschedule, so I had to reschedule and I spent the next hour being completely confused. In my mind the day was going to go one way and now it’s on to plan B. After having kids for 20+ years you’d think I was used to this.

On today’s show:

IS ANN CURRY GETTING FIRED? We had this rumor today. New York magazine says that Matt Lauer doesn't like Ann and doesn't believe she is charismatic. "Lauer's worth only increased when Meredith Vieira left and handed the co-anchor chair to Ann Curry, who in the eyes of many television-news executives has experienced a rocky transition to her new role." I don’t believe that Matt doesn’t like working with her, but I have heard that she has trouble pulling off the fluffy stuff. She is more of a “serious” newsperson.

We were not surprised to see MARTINA NAVRATILOVA eliminated from DWTS. I guess she never looked comfortable. That leaves Donald Driver, Gavin DeGraw, Gladys Knight, Jack Warner, Jaleel White, Katherine Jenkins, Maria Menounos, Melissa Gilbert, Roshon Fegan, Sherri Shepherd, and William Levy. Maria has two broken ribs! I cracked a rib once and that was excruciating I can’t imagine dancing. Aren’t pain killers a wonderful thing?

Did you hear the story we had late in the show???? Female beach volleyball players will have the option of wearing less revealing uniforms at the London Olympics. Say it ain't so! They're going to allow shorts and shirts with sleeves in addition to the bikinis and the body suits. I guess it's for other countries who have different beliefs than the "let-it-all-hang-out" USA.

Today’s Bad Joke Theater….Manny went to the hardware store because he wanted to cut down some trees in his yard. He asked the clerk for a saw that would cut down 6 trees in one afternoon. The clerk told him he had just the thing and brought out the latest chainsaw. The next day Manny went back to the hardware store, threw the chainsaw on the counter and said, “This saw is no good. It took me six hours and I was only able to cut down one tree.” The clerk took the saw, started it up and Manny yelled, “Hey! What’s all that noise?” (RIMSHOT)

Our guests today were from the Fairhaven High School Theater Company. They are presenting Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast” Thursday thru Sunday. It sounds like fun. I know quite a few of the kids in the cast. I’ll be there Saturday night.

Still no winner with the Impossible Question. “70% of men like to do this in the summer.” It’s something they might do on the deck, it might be in a tree. We’ll take more calls tomorrow at 7:38am.

Guests tomorrow include the UMass Dartmouth Theater Company at 8:38am. They’re doing “Noises Off.” Coach Scott Illiano will be with us at 8:22am. A story of unlikely heroes who battled injuries, cold tempertures and themselves to win a prestigious baseball tournament. And Joyce Miller will be on at 8:52am from Baker Books.

Who wouldn’t want to be 33 again? A new survey says that is/was the best age. We’ll tell you why.

And did you own a car that you just wish you could have back? Let’s reminisce.

Have a great day! We'll chat again tomorrow at 6. Remember if reception is ever a problem for you, listen to us at wbsm.com. More and more people do.

No comments: