Monday, March 5, 2012

Post-Show Notes for Monday, March 5

Monday mornings are, surprisingly, not as tough as one might think. It's ugly when the alarm goes off, but once I'm up and functioning, Monday seems to be okay.

There was plenty of material this morning.

* Neal's iphone. We had fun playing with Siri and you only heard half of it. Being typical guys, we tried to get her to swear but she won't do it.

* Lindsay Lohan on "Saturday Night Live." I didn't see it. Neal saw some of it and said the "Desperate Housewives of Disney" was the best sketch. It's 10am now but I haven't seen it yet.

* JetBlue Park (Fenway South) looks nice! The dimensions, the wall, all look like Fenway. I'm really bummed that we didn't get to go this year especially with the new manager and the new ballpark. Our sales staff just couldn't line up sponsors for us and it costs a little more than $2,000 to make that trip.

* We looked at the TV news ratings for Boston today. WCVB channel 5 is the #1 station for 6 out of the days 7 newscasts. Channel 7 is the one I watch and they are #3. Fox Boston and WBZ do very well too. I'll be researching the Providence #'s today.

* And one of my favorite stories today was the one about Isidore Schwartz and his wife Joan. The Connecticut couple celebrated their 60th anniversary this weekend at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC and paid $16.80 a night. That was the rate they paid back in 1952. Today's rate? $319 a night.

Looking at tomorrow....we're thinking about a segment on "What have you stolen?" I don't mean grand theft, but hotel towels, shampoo, something you took by accident.

There's also a story from "USA TODAY" that members of their sports staff have had to re-apply for their jobs. Interesting. I don't know how I would feel about that.

We'll see what else develops. Enjoy your day!

No comments: