Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What happened to spring?

BABY IT WAS COLD THIS MORNING! I walked out into 27 degrees with the wind blowin’ and WHEEEWWWW! That woke me up. I can’t wait for the warm weather to return.

On today’s show:

The Timeline Tuesday game offered these clues:
1. Hank Aaron breaks Babe Ruth’s HR record by hitting #715.
2. Nixon resigns.
3. “Come and Get Your Love” by Redbone one of the biggest songs in the country.
What year was it? Joe from Acushnet called in with the answer…1974. Neal rememberd that song by Redbone and when I asked if that was their only hit, he looked it up and found a song we hadn’t heard in years---“Witch Queen of New Orleans.” It was one of those great records available on KTel Records and Tapes. Remember those?

Some fun surveys today:

The website Tailored.com did a survey of women about the 1st thing that goes through her mind when her man drops to his knee and pops the question to her…here is what they found out:

26% say their first thought was, "Wow, the ring is amazing!"
23% first thought, "I can't wait to tell everyone."
14% thought, "I'm in shock, this was a complete surprise."
13% thought, "It's about damn time he asked."
9% thought, "I wish I was wearing a different outfit or put on makeup."
9% thought, "I wish I'd gotten a manicure, I can't take a photo of the ring with my nails like this."
--And finally, 6% thought, "I don't like the ring."

Ladies, what are you wearing? Clinical psychologist Dr Jennifer Baumgartner claims that your wardrobe decisions tell others about the secret desires that you are trying to hide. Too much cleavage suggests you are power hungry and want control while over-the-top jewelry implies you are insecure and may have financial difficulties. Women who button up their clothes are actually telling their boss that 'femininity means weakness, not power', while high heels can make women appear less intelligent but also inspire confidence by making the wearer as tall as their male colleagues. A young girl choosing a short skirt could be an attention seeker, while an older woman doing the same is having difficulty accepting that she is a grown-up.

A new poll found that two thirds of men rely on their wife or significant other to choose their work clothes for them. Half of those surveyed admitted to also being physically dressed by their partner, such as helping put on their tie. What's more surprising is 30% of men are told what to wear or have clothing purchased for them by their mother. And 17% have their wardrobe dictated by their mother-in-law.

There was no winner today with The IMPOSSIBLE QUESTION: According to a recent survey, 70% of men say this is something that they enjoy doing during the summer. What is it? I did offer a clue. One woman called in and said sitting on the deck. This is something you do while sitting on the deck. We’ll talk calls tomorrow morning at 7:38am.

Also tomorrow we’ll talk to Meghan, Kim, Matt, Dylan and the director and producer of “BEAUTY AND THE BEAST” this weekend at Fairhaven High. That’s after 8 tomorrow.

Now, where did I put my gloves, hat, long undies????

No comments: