Thursday, March 8, 2012

Post-Show Notes for Thursday, March 8th

It’s just about 10:30am and I’m sitting in my office with my ancient laptop trying to find some info for tomorrow’s show. (It's SOOOOO SSSLLLOOOWWWWW.) Our usual routine after the show ends is that Neal goes to his office (much neater and decorated better than mine) and I go to my office. (Easy to find with the Miami Dolphin helmet and Dan Marino Phat Head on the wall.) Neal is our Production Director so he works til 2pm on commercials and “imaging”. Those promos and liners that you hear. He just had Deb Holden from Regal House Furniture in to record a new commercial. I am in my office surfing the web for stories for tomorrow and contest questions. I found some “Happy Days” trivia I may use tomorrow or next week. I’m also writing the Midday News Hour.

Some of the things we covered today:

• KOBY 2012. This is a video that went viral yesterday. KOBY is a Ugandan war lord who kidnaps children and forces them to become soldiers and kill their own parents. This video is being spread through You Tube, Face Book and Twitter and a lot of kids are joining the cause. You may hear more on this from your children.
• While updating “Survivor,” Neal said this guy Colton is a piece of work! I don’t watch the show but I guess this guy is the biggest bigot that’s ever been on the show.
• Did you hear about the lady in Michigan that won $1 MILLION and still gets food assistance??? She is still getting $200 a month in food assistance. She told a local TV station, "I thought they would cut me off, but since they didn't, I thought maybe it was okay because I'm not working."
• Another Powerball winner from Rhode Island! Last night’s winner.
• And Neal endorses the Oreo cookie with birthday cake filling. True! He didn’t think he would but he tried one and said it’s pretty good.
• And we had a guest today who was interesting. Dr. Eric Maisel has a book entitled, “RETHINKING DEPRESSION: How To Shed Mental Health labels and Create Personal Meaning.” I could have spent more time with him, but we are ruled by the clock on the morning show. Rather revolutionary thinking.

Tomorrow we’ll talk with our buddy Joel Gonsalves from the Surrey Shoppe at 7:55am; our movie critic Joanna Langfield at 8:52am ; and I’m working on stories about the Barbie doll's birthday (it’s tomorrow), some Happy Meal toys are collectables (especially if someone is trying to complete a set) and the Toughest Jobs To Do In Sports.

Thanks for checking in with us!
Pete

No comments: