Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday

Whew what a busy day today! I’m just getting to the blog and it’s almost noon.

Once the show ends,it’s time to read and write. I’m really working on two projects at the same time. I gather stories for the Midday News Hour and gather material for tomorrow’s show. That’s mixed in with answering emails and phone calls. Plus----someone brought a Box o’ Joe and Munchkins from Dunkin Donuts so you know I HAD to have some of those!


Today:

• I got in my car this morning and my daughter had adjusted the driver’s seat for her. I could not find the right spot for me. Neal said it happens to him all the time. I had a car once that had a memory. I could set it for me and whenever it was changed, just push a button and it went back. I miss that car!

• We had a recap on “Survivor.” Colton is gone! I don’t watch the show but Neal said he has just been NASTY!

• I liked Billy Joel night last night on “American Idol.” Erika from RI did well. It was funny reading posts from young people who had no idea what those songs were. They don’t know Billy Joel????!!!!!

• Jack won the Civil War trivia question. After the Civil War, this was the last state to rejoin the union. The answer was: Georgia.

• Finally, we got a winner in the Impossible Question. Del called in to say there are 23,000 SPORTING GOODS STORES in America.

• We talked about Tim Tebow joining the NY Jets. That’s going to be wild. Tim Tebow/Rex Ryan/Mark Sanchez. I can’t wait for the season to start.

• We had some great sound bytes from Joe Namath. He says he doesn’t think the Jets know what they’re doing anymore.

Also today we had the 5 Marriage-Saving Tricks You Have to Try

1) Hang out with each other. One of the biggest relationship issues that can lead to divorce is, oddly enough, not spending enough time -- quality time -- together.

2) Confront those pesky skeletons in your closet. So you hate the way he snores. His mother is a wench. So carefully bring them up, don't just sweep them under the rug and pretend they don't exist.

3) Let some things go. Sure, there are things you're not going to be able to resolve. If the issue is older than six months, you're going to have to start letting go.

4) Dance in the kitchen in your socks at least once a week. Even if you don't want to. Even if you don't dance. Even if there's no music. Just dance. Five minutes once a week. Trust me on this one.

5) Keep the spark alive. Doesn't matter how you do it. Just make sure to schedule (if you have to) some time to be with one another and do something that rekindles the spark every single week.


Coming up tomorrow:

• Our movie critic Joanna Langfield will join us at 8:52am. We’ll see what she thinks about “The Hunger Games.”

• It’s National Day of Unplugging. Shut off the phones and unplug the computers to rediscover each other.

• Push Up Bras make women more confident. I think we’ll have to look at that closer (wink, wink)

• And a brand new Impossible Question at 7:38am: Over 30 million people are involved in this activity. What do you think it is.

Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments: