Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sorry I didn’t get to a blog yesterday. I was trying to get through a lot of STUFF after being away a few days.

We had an AMAZING trip to Great lakes, IL for the graduation at Navy Boot Camp. What a long drive though. It was fun but I’m still trying to catch up on sleep. I actually overslept today. It always happens to me. I get up on time the first day (must be the adrenaline or something) but then the second day…zzzzzzz. Snooze alarm central.

Welcome to the first day of spring! One of my colleagues today said it was rather anti-climatic after the winter we’ve had.

We had some fun today with a survey on Lipstick. Of course, I told Neal we would be studying HIS lipstick to see what it reveals about his personality.

WHAT YOUR LIPSTICK COLOR SAYS ABOUT YOU

Classic red: That's a look-at-me color. An I-want-attention kind of color.

Hot pink: It doesn't have the classic romance of a bright red. It's more punk, rock star, adventurous.

Dark Purple/burgundy: This says she's not afraid to take risks. It tells me that she's edgy and could be challenging in a good way.

Neutral: When you wear the lipstick that's the same color as your skin, you look like a corpse, like you've been out in the cold too long. It's disconcerting. Also, neutral lip gloss looks like a glazed donut.

Bright Orange: She's got a spicy personality and is probably a lot of fun. Very confident. Not afraid to try something that's different.

Metallic: It's a teenage thing, so if you're "Sex in the City" age, you can come off a little trashy. Glitter should stay in the strip club.

Then we got talking about whether or not the women here at the radio station wear a lot of lipstick and what color. I reported that I was a "good husband" and never noticed any.

We also had a few laughs over a story out of Miami. The Miami Marlins have a new stadium and there is an aquarium with live fish behind home plate. The team says they have tested it and it will not crack if hit with a ball, but animal activists are worried about the vibrations and noise from thousands of fans. Neal said we just need to get little Bose noise-cancelling headphones for each and every fish.

No winner with the Impossible Question. “There are nearly 23,000 of these in the United States. What are they?” The clue: They get busy this time of year. We’ll take calls tomorrow at 7:38am.

Also tomorrow we will talk to Ron Driscoll at the Boston Globe about the Globe’s AMAZING book that celebrates 100 years of Fenway Park.

Enjoy another beautiful day!

No comments: